During the festival one of the places we’ll be showing brewing from is Hornindal, where Stig Seljeset and his friends will show how a traditional kornøl from Hornindal is brewed.
For those who don’t know, kornøl from Hornindal is brewed with juniper infusion, fairly pale malts, noble hops, and kveik. It’s a beer where the wort isn’t boiled, a raw ale, which gives it part of its unique character.
Present for the brewday will be:
- Stig Seljeset, owner of kveik #22 Stalljen.
- Olav Sverre Gausemel, owner of kveik #18 Gausemel.
- Lars Andreas Tomasgård, owner of kveik #21 Tomasgard, and winner of the kornøl brewing championship in 2016 and 2019.
- Odd Seljeset, brother of Stig and owner of the brewhouse.
- Arve Raftevold, brother of Terje Raftevold.
- And who knows, more brewers might pop by.
You’ll be able to ask questions of these guys during the festival.