As promised, Martin has sent the slides for his talk on farmhouse yeasts from the Andes, Bhutan, and Ethiopia. You can download the slides here:
He also sent these links to the studies he mentioned in his talk:
- The study where 200 Tej samples were analyzed.
- Same samples, same people, different study.
- On the Ethiopian beer Tella.
- On marriage customs in Bhutan (do a search for ‘chang’ and you will see many words exist in Dzongha to describe alcoholic beverages served; the word changes with the context).
- The myth behind alcohol happiness in Bhutan (again, search for ‘chang’; this text though is heavily biased and aims to make Bhutanese people realize that they are drinking too often).
The talk itself can be seen on Youtube, starting at 02:30:00.